I work in the Bay Area where people love their pets and where they lack the time to exercise them BUT they do have the money to pay someone else to. That's where I come in... I walk 10 to 15 dogs off leash at least 4 days a week on a 3 hour hike in the hills of Pescadero.. as you can imagine things happen.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How it all works....



I guess I should give you some background. I work for an off leash dog walking company. I'm not one of those independent dogwalkers
who uses her own vehicle to transport the dogs around. My company
provides us each morning with a list of dogs from a certain area (they
cover the Peninsula areas- all the way fromLos Altos Hills to the Half
Moon Bay Area.. some days it can be a very long day) then we hop into
the work van and go and pick them up. The packs pretty much don't vary
from week to week. Maybe a dog here and there but they usually stay
pretty much stay the same. Our pick ups take around 2 hours give or
take then all the dog walkers (there are about 5 of us each day out
there) head off to the private property (750 acres) to do an off leash hike
with our pack of pooches for a few hours. Working for this company
means 9 hour days give or take. It's not meant for the weak by no
means!lol.

I absolutely love love my job. I love dogs. I love being outside. It's the office poltics
that kind of ruin it for me. Most days I can't complain. A problem here
and there that's expected but when it rains it pours. I've decided I
need a place to share my thoughts and feelings. A place to share my
funny moments as well as my frustrations.

No comments: