I work in the Bay Area where people love their pets and where they lack the time to exercise them BUT they do have the money to pay someone else to. That's where I come in... I walk 10 to 15 dogs off leash at least 4 days a week on a 3 hour hike in the hills of Pescadero.. as you can imagine things happen.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Digging to China..



So I'm at the dogpark....and the dogpark near me is pretty plain. It's a grass retangle where all size dogs can run around in. I've been to way better but this one is the closest. As my dog gets older he just likes to go out there sniff the dogs and dig. He's a digger. I know some folks hate a dog that digs but I do my best to cover it when he's done. I've been going to this particular dogpark for about a year now. No problems. I made friends with the folks there and things have been fine. Well today I headed there and it was pretty dead. Still early enough in the day most folks aren't home yet. A small group of men and a few others sprinkled around the yard. I start my walk around as my dog runs into the field to start digging. I stop and watch him from the sidelines. Ready for him to get his fill so I can cover it and we can carry on with our day when I see one of the men from the group pointing at my dog to me. Yes I see him. I look at him and say yes I know. He's a digger.. that's just what he does. Another guys from the group yells to me (mind you these 3 guys were all the way on the other side of the park) Can you stop your dog from digging to China? all rudely. I've already had a bad day with the worker's comp doctors telling me about my hand so I get a bit bent out of shape over him yelling at me especially across the whole damn park. These guys know me. We actually all used to hang out in the circle last summer and watch our dogs play. He keeps yelling at me telling me I should know better since I'm a dog walker. OMG, at this point I blew a fuse. I threw my hands up in the air and told him what an asshole he was and if he had any decency he would have been nice and came over to me to talk about it. I was planning on covering the hole when my dog was done and I don't appreciate his rudeness. I also mention to him there are plenty of other holes in the park that my dog didn't do and he needs to get off his high horse. After saying that I had my dog stop and I leased him and left. Left the damn hole just the way it is. F this place and the rude ass people. You don't have to be rude. Two of the guys actually have dogs a lot of folks don't really like and they both knows how it feels to be yelled at there. Shame on them for being a dogpark bullys. Shame Shame. They should know better.

No comments: